Senior Living in Ashton, Illinois
Top zip codes in Ashton, IL: 61006
- Ashton scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Ashton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Rochelle Community Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Meadows of Franklin Grove, Franklin Grove Living and Rehab, and San Gabriel Assisted Living.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Rochelle Country Club, Silver Ridge Golf Club, and Oregon Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Franklin Creek State Natural Area, Chicagoland Skydiving Center, and Rochelle Railroad Park.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Crossroads Community Church, St Patrick\'s Church, and St Patrick\'s Church Learning.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,983, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,415, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,831, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.47%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Ashton has a very sparse population density of 25.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashton have an average daily commute time.
- Ashton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.68%.