Senior Living in Ashuelot, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Ashuelot, NH: 03441
- Ashuelot scores lower than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Ashuelot scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and Brattleboro Retreat).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Vernon ADvent Christian Home, Applewood Center, and Pine Heights at Brattleboro Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Pine Grove Springs Country Club, Oak Ridge Golf Club, and Brattleboro Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Pisgah State Park, Fort Dummer State Park, and Ashuelot River Campground.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including Asbury United Methodist Church, Asbury United Methodist Church, and Seventh Day Adventist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.60% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,470, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,098, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,957, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.83%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashuelot receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashuelot has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Ashuelot has a sparse population density of 100.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashuelot have a very long daily commute time.
- Ashuelot has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 71.64%.