Senior Living in Ashville, New York
Top zip codes in Ashville, NY: 14710
- Ashville scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Ashville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Woman\'s Christian Association).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Green Rehab & Skilled Nursing , Brookdale Lakewood, and The Woodlands.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 35 golf courses in or around the city, including Sunset Valley Golf Course, Maplehurst Country Club, and Bemus Point Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Camp Chautauqua, Wildwood Acres Campground, and Long Point State Park.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Ashville United Methodist Chr, Panama United Methodist Church, and Lakewood United Methodist Chr.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 35 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,129, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,152, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,817, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.99%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Ashville has a very sparse population density of 73.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashville have a short daily commute time.
- Ashville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.17%.