Senior Living in Ashville, Ohio
Top zip codes in Ashville, OH: 43103
- Ashville scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Ashville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Diley Ridge Medical Center and Berger Hospital).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Caring Touch Of Ohio LLC, Caring Touch of Ohio, and Circleville Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 67 golf courses in or around the city, including Cooks Creek Golf Club, Upper Lansdowne Golf Links, and The Foxfire Course at Foxfire Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Stages Pond State Nature Preserve, Jackson Lake Park, and A.W. Marion State Park.
- There are 55 churches in or near the city, including First English Lutheran Church, Village United Methodist Chr, and Hedges Chapel United Methodist.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.90% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,280, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,556, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,571, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,350 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,920 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,917 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.69%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Ashville has a sparse population density of 127.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ashville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.13%.