Senior Living in Ashville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Ashville, PA: 16613
- Ashville scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Ashville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Altoona Regional Health System, Altoona Center, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Senior Care Altoona, Altoona Center For Nursing Care, and Golden Livingcenter-Hillview.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Ebensburg Country Club, Immergrun Golf Club, and Sinking Valley Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Horse Shoe Curve Park, Prince Gallitzin State Park, and Lakemont Park.
- There are 71 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Church, St Michael\'s Church, and St Monica Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 45 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,981, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,686, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,237, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.95%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ashville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ashville has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Ashville has a very sparse population density of 59.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ashville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Ashville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.99%.