Senior Living in Asotin, Washington
Top zip codes in Asotin, WA: 99402
- Asotin scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Asotin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Tri-state Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Living Spring Residential Care, Joyce\'s Orchard Residential Care, and Golden Girls Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Clarkston Golf & Country Club, Quail Ridge Golf Course, and Lewiston Golf & Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Fields Spring State Park and Chief Looking Glass Park).
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including First Church of God, Abundant Storage, and First Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are no grocery stores within city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.97% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,686, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,031, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,739, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $53,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $113,716 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $54,912 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.36%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Asotin receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Asotin has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Asotin has a very sparse population density of 6.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Asotin have a very short daily commute time.
- Asotin has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.14%.