Senior Living in Aspen, Colorado
Top zip codes in Aspen, CO: 81611
- Aspen scores lower than the Colorado average of 69.
- Aspen scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Aspen Valley Hospital).
- There are no senior living facilities within close proximity to the city.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Aspen Golf Course, Maroon Creek Club Golf Course, and Snowmass Club Golf Course, The.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Wagner Park, Paepcke Park, and Aspen Center for Environmental Studies.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Crossroads Church of Aspen, Aspen Community Church-united, and Aspen Chapel.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 25 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.89%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $136,667, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $72,577, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $68,291, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,960 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,768 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,722 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.68%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aspen receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Aspen has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Aspen has a very sparse population density of 23.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aspen have a very short daily commute time.
- Aspen has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.93%.