Senior Living in Aspers, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Aspers, PA: 17304
- Aspers scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Aspers scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gettysburg Hospital).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including SpiriTrust Lutheran - The Village at Gettysburg , Transitions Healthcare Gettysburg, and Golden LivingCenter - Gettysburg.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 54 golf courses in or around the city, including Links at Gettysburg, Gettysburg Country Club, and Cedar Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Mountain Creek Camp Ground, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Securities Commission, and Drummer Boy Camping Resort.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Jesus Is Lord Academy, Luz Alegria Y Esperanza Bic, and Mt Holly Springs United Meth.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 30 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.07% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,088, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,291, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,092, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $50,760 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,220 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,520 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.53%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aspers receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Aspers has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Aspers has a sparse population density of 126.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aspers have a long daily commute time.
- Aspers has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.53%.