Senior Living in Astatula, Florida
Top zip codes in Astatula, FL: 34705
- Astatula scores significantly higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Astatula scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Florida Hospital Waterman, Florida Hospital Waterman, and South Lake Hospital.
- There are 67 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Comfort Care Assisted Living, Hanna House of Care, and The Cove at Tavares Village.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 147 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 93 golf courses in or around the city, including Village Green Golf Course, Deer Island Golf & Lake Club, and Baytree Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Trimble Park, Clerbrook Golf & RV Resort, and Bee\'s RV Resort.
- There are 66 churches in or near the city, including A G Iglesia Refugio De Amor, First United Methodist Church, and Liberty Baptist Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 68 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.37% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,822, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,431, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,351, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,119 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.16%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Astatula receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Astatula has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Astatula has a sparse population density of 140.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Astatula have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Astatula has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.27%.