Senior Living in Aston, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Aston, PA: 19014
- Aston scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Aston scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Crozer Chester Medical Center, Keystone Center, and Riddle Memorial Hospital.
- There are 139 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sisters of St. Francis of Philadelphia, Legacy Retirement Solutions, and The Residence at Glen Riddle.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 746 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 161 golf courses in or around the city, including Paxon Hollow Golf Club, Springhaven Club, and Spring Lake Recreation Center.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Taylor Memorial Arboretum, Radnor Green Park, and Tyler Arboretum.
- There are 465 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, St Timothy\'s Evangelical Luth, and St Joseph Catholic Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 414 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 260 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,378, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,788, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,361, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.64%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aston receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Aston has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Aston has a dense population density of 2,357.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aston have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Aston has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.11%.