Senior Living in Astoria, Oregon
Top zip codes in Astoria, OR: 97103
- Astoria scores lower than the Oregon average of 67.
- Astoria scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Columbia Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Winterlite Adult Foster Care, Clatsop Care Center Health District, and Clatsop Retirement Village.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Astoria Golf & Country Club, Gearhart Golf Links, and Seaside Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Lewis And Clark National Wildlife Refuge, The Astoria Column, and Fort Astoria.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including St Mary Star of the Sea, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Assembly of God Astoria First.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oregon has an average state income tax of 7.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,603, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,383, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,967, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,190 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $99,868 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,620 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,078 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.49%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Astoria receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Astoria has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Astoria has a sparse population density of 113.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Astoria have a very short daily commute time.
- Astoria has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.04%.