Senior Living in Atascosa, Texas
Top zip codes in Atascosa, TX: 78002
- Atascosa scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Atascosa scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wilford Hall Medical Center).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Longoria\'s Personal Care Home, Country Life Assisted Living, and Lytle Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Golf Club Of Texas, The, Gateway Hills Golf Course, and Alsatian Golf Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Von Ormy City Park, Alamo River RV Ranch and Campground, and Rays DOVE HUNT.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady Queen of Heaven Chr, True Vine Baptist Church, and Northwest Hills Christian Chr.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 50 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,043, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,320, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,731, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,100 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $73,000 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,230 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Atascosa receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Atascosa has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Atascosa has a sparse population density of 198.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Atascosa have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Atascosa has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 64.32%.