Senior Living in Atglen, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Atglen, PA: 19310
- Atglen scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Atglen scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Coatesville Va Medical Center, Brandywine Hospital, and Jennersville Regional Hospital.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Harrison House Christiana, Westminster Place at Parkesburg, and Parkesedge Elderly Apartments.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 93 golf courses in or around the city, including Moccasin Run Golf Course, Coatesville Country Club, and Inniscrone Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort Quarryville, PA).
- There are 89 churches in or near the city, including Penningtonville Presbyterian, Maple Grove Mennonite Church, and Parkesburg Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,101, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,324, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,869, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.25%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Atglen receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Atglen has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Atglen has a sparse population density of 235.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Atglen have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Atglen has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.52%.