Senior Living in Athens, Illinois
Top zip codes in Athens, IL: 62613
- Athens scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Athens scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Villas Senior Care Community, Sunny Acres Petersburg, and Sunny Acres.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Hills Golf Course, Oaks Golf Course, and Oaks Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including The Farm, Starhill Forest Arboretum, and Carpenter Park.
- There are 40 churches in or near the city, including Athens Christian Church, Immanuel Lutheran Church, and Athens Christian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,996, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,538, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,281, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,140 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,585 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.04%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Athens receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Athens has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Athens has a very sparse population density of 59.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Athens have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Athens has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.60%.