Senior Living in Athens, Ohio
Top zip codes in Athens, OH: 45701
- Athens scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Athens scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (O\'bleness Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kimes Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, The Laurels of Athens, and Hickory Creek of Athens.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (14% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Elm Golf Course, Athens Country Club, and Forest Hills Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Richland Avenue Park, Sells Park, and Strouds Run State Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including 7Th Day Adventist Church, A Cme LLC, and Alexander Presbyterian Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,695, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $32,366, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,201, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Athens receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Athens has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Athens has a sparse population density of 230.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Athens have a very short daily commute time.
- Athens has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.35%.