Senior Living in Atkinson, Illinois
Top zip codes in Atkinson, IL: 61235
- Atkinson scores significantly higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Atkinson scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Hammond Henry Hospital, Hammond-henry Hospital, and Kewanee Hospital.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Geneseo Village, Hillcrest Home, and Hammond-Henry District Hsp.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Valley View Country Club, Country View Golf Course, and Geneseo Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Richmond Hill Park, The Old Timber Campgrounds, and Johnson Sauk Trail State Park.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Verhoye G, Annawan United Methodist Chr, and Cambridge Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,908, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,281, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,155, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.13%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Atkinson receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Atkinson has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Atkinson has a very sparse population density of 26.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Atkinson have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Atkinson has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.14%.