Senior Living in Atlanta, Missouri
Top zip codes in Atlanta, MO: 63530
- Atlanta scores higher than the Missouri average of 72.
- Atlanta scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Samaritan Memorial Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including La Plata Nursing Home, Macon Health Care Center, and Bristol Manor Macon.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Macon Country Club, La Plata Golf Club, and Kirksville Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Atlanta State Wildlife Area, La Plata Baseball/Softball Park, and Long Branch State Park.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Churches, Churches, and Churches.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.60% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $39,784, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,509, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $15,605, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $25,350 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $54,750 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,682 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,625 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.35%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Atlanta receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Atlanta has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Atlanta has a very sparse population density of 8.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Atlanta have a very short daily commute time.
- Atlanta has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.13%.