Senior Living in Atlantic Beach, Florida
Top zip codes in Atlantic Beach, FL: 32233
- Atlantic Beach scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- Atlantic Beach scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baptist Medical Center Beaches, Mayo Clinic, and Ten Broeck Hosp Jacksonville.
- There are 54 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fleet Landing, Westminster Woods On Julington Creek, and Almost Home Beaches.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 208 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 42 golf courses in or around the city, including Selva Marina Country Club, Windy Harbor Golf Club, and Hidden Hills Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park, Pelican Roost RV Park, and Huguenot Memorial Park.
- There are 92 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Catholic Church, Atlantic Beach First Baptist, and Oak Harbor Baptist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 112 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.85% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,343, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,421, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,440, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,270 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.08%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Atlantic Beach receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Atlantic Beach has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Atlantic Beach has a dense population density of 2,322.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Atlantic Beach have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Atlantic Beach has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.70%.