Senior Living in Atoka, Tennessee
Top zip codes in Atoka, TN: 38004
- Atoka scores lower than the Tennessee average of 72.
- Atoka scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Millington Health Care Center, William H Dunlap Retirement Center, and Covington Health Care and Rehabilitation.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Forest Hills Golf Course, Orgill Park Golf Course, and Big Creek Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Munford Parks & Recreation, Munford City Park, and Nancy Lane Park.
- There are 33 churches in or near the city, including Gateway Baptist Church, Faith Baptist Church, and Atoka United Methodist Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.44% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.13%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Tennessee has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,861, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $75,282, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,228, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,520 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $74,095 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,124 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,125 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.71%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Atoka receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Atoka has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Atoka has a sparse population density of 373.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Atoka have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Atoka has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.79%.