Senior Living in Attica, Michigan
Top zip codes in Attica, MI: 48412
- Attica scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Attica scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Lapeer Regional Medical Center).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Oakhill Adult Foster Care, A Family Affair , and Shadowtree Lodge.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 82 golf courses in or around the city, including Gold/Red Course at Lum International Golf Course, Arcadia Hills Golf Course, and Deer View Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Attica Pines Campground, Water Tower Travel Trailer Park, and Washakie Golf & RV Resort.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Imlay City Christian Reformed, North Goodland Baptist, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.92% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.08% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,864, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,821, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,232, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.50%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Attica receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Attica has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Attica has a sparse population density of 113.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Attica have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Attica has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.73%.