Senior Living in Attica, New York
Top zip codes in Attica, NY: 14011
- Attica scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Attica scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wyoming County Community Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Cloisters, Wyoming County Community Hospital S N F, and East Side Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Attica Golf Club, Quiet Times Golf Course, and Chestnut Hill Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Hidden Valley Animal Adventure, Darien Lakes State Park, and Darien Lake Amusement Park.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including True Jerry E, Alexander United Methodist Chr, and Alexander United Methodist Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,834, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,148, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,380, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Attica receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Attica has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Attica has a sparse population density of 147.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Attica have an average daily commute time.
- Attica has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.65%.