Senior Living in Attica, Ohio
Top zip codes in Attica, OH: 44807
- Attica scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Attica scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercy Hospital Of Willard).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hillside Acres, Ruffing Family Care Center of Blo, and The Willows at Willard.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Willard Golf Club, Cranberry Hills, and Twin Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Wagon Wheel Campground and Shelby / Mansfield KOA).
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including 1St Baptist Church, Willard Church of God, and Church of God of Prophecy.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.26% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.11% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,784, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,405, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,140, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.61%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Attica receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Attica has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Attica has a very sparse population density of 33.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Attica have an average daily commute time.
- Attica has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.85%.