Senior Living in Attleboro, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Attleboro, MA: 02703
- Attleboro scores lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Attleboro scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 14 hospitals within close range of the city, including Sturdy Memorial Hospital, Arbour-fuller Hospital, and Memorial Hospital Of Rhode Island.
- There are 124 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Christopher Heights of Attleboro, Golden LivingCenter-Attleboro, and Golden LivingCenter - Garden Place.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 544 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 155 golf courses in or around the city, including Locust Valley Golf Course, Highland Country Club, and Stone - E - Lea Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Slater Park, Lincoln Woods State Park, and F. Gilbert Hills State Forest.
- There are 419 churches in or near the city, including St John the Evangelist Church, St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, and Holy Ghost.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 292 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 181 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,550, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,298, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,398, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.37%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Attleboro receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Attleboro has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Attleboro has a dense population density of 1,625.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Attleboro have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Attleboro has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.43%.