Senior Living in Atwater, California
Top zip codes in Atwater, CA: 95301
- Atwater scores significantly lower than the California average of 71.
- Atwater scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Medical Ctr Merced, Mercy Medical Center, and Mercy Med Ctr Merced, Downtown.
- There are 37 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sue\'s Senior Connection , Lamerson Landy Care, and Anberry Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 86 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Rancho Del Rey Golf Club, Turlock Golf & Country Club, and Stevinson Ranch.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Osborn Park, Livingston City Hall, and McConnell State Recreation Area.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including Atwater United Methodist Chr, First Baptist Church, and St Anthony\'s Catholic Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 69 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,477, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,550, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,448, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,094 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,438 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.26%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Atwater receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Atwater has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Atwater has an average population density of 594.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Atwater have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Atwater has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 72.94%.