Senior Living in Atwater, Ohio
Top zip codes in Atwater, OH: 44201
- Atwater scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Atwater scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alliance Community Hospital, Alliance Community Hospital, and Robinson Memorial Hospital.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Roselawn Gardens Nursing and Rehabilitation, Altercare of Alliance Center For Rehab and NC, Inc., and Mccrea Manor Nsng and Rehab Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 125 golf courses in or around the city, including Oak Grove Golf Course, Sable Creek Golf Course, and Lake View Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Triangle Lake Bog State Nature Preserve, Quail Hollow State Park, and West Branch State Park.
- There are 101 churches in or near the city, including Atwater United Methodist Chr, First Baptist Church-Atwater, and Liberty Bible Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 51 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,080, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,012, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,275, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,535 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.11%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Atwater receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Atwater has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Atwater has a sparse population density of 126.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Atwater have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Atwater has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.55%.