Senior Living in Atwood, Indiana
Top zip codes in Atwood, IN: 46502
- Atwood scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Atwood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Kosciusko Community Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Miller\'s Merry Manor Warsaw, Mason Health Care Center, and Lake City Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Rozella Ford Golf Club, Stonehenge Golf Club(Executive Course at Stonehenge Golf Club ), and Tippecanoe Lake Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Hoffman Lake Camp).
- There are 38 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, Konkle Ronald E, and Bryant Sidney E.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 43% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Atwood receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Atwood has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Atwood has a dense population density of 2,053.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Atwood have a very short daily commute time.
- Atwood has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.