Senior Living in Atwood, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Atwood, OK: 74827
- Atwood scores higher than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Atwood scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Holdenville General Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Woodland Hills Nursing Center, Heritage Village Nursing Home, and Boyce Manor Nursing Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (42% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Gil Morgan Golf Course, Thundercreek Municipal Golf Course, and McAlester Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Allen Water Department, Triple S Wildlife Ranch, and Camp WOW.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Allen Church of God, Allen Assembly of God, and Allen United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are no grocery stores within city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.53% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,260, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,941, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,833, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $55,115 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,341 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Atwood receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Atwood has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Atwood has a very sparse population density of 10.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Atwood have a long daily commute time.
- Atwood has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.10%.