Senior Living in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Top zip codes in Auburn Hills, MI: 48326
- Auburn Hills scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Auburn Hills scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Havenwyck Hospital, Poh Medical Center, and St Joseph Mercy Oakland.
- There are 225 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Harborchase of Auburn Hills, Waltonwood at University, and At Home Chore Service LLC Home Office.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 811 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 184 golf courses in or around the city, including Fieldstone Golf Club of Auburn Hills, Pine Trace Golf Club, and Katke-Cousins Golf Course.
- There are 24 parks near the city center, including City of Auburn Hills Civic Center Park, Pixley Funeral Home, and Bald Mountain State Recreation Area.
- There are 239 churches in or near the city, including North Auburn Hills Baptist Chr, Sacred Heart Church, and St John Fisher Chapel.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 244 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 206 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.42% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,805, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,627, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,819, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.83%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Auburn Hills receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Auburn Hills has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Auburn Hills has an average population density of 1,179.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auburn Hills have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Auburn Hills has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.82%.