Senior Living in Auburn, Iowa
Top zip codes in Auburn, IA: 51433
- Auburn scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Auburn scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Stewart Memorial Community Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Shady Oaks Care Center, Blackhawk Life Care Center, and Twilight Acres nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake City Country Club, Breda Golf Club, and Sac County Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Black Hawk State Park, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, and Cp Crescent.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Baptist Church First American).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.03% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,132, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,401, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,197, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.05%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Auburn receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Auburn has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Auburn has a very sparse population density of 12.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auburn have a very short daily commute time.
- Auburn has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.40%.