Senior Living in Auburn, Illinois
Top zip codes in Auburn, IL: 62615
- Auburn scores lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Auburn scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eastland A Retirement Community, Auburn Rehab and Hcc, and Sunrise Skilled Nursing and Rehab.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 24 golf courses in or around the city, including Edgewood Golf Club, Oakleaf Country Club, and Brookhills Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Veterans Park, Chatham Recreation Department, and Double J Campground.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Auburn Christian Church, and United Methodist Church-Auburn.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.36% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,921, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,202, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,747, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,140 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,585 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.83%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Auburn receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Auburn has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Auburn has a sparse population density of 113.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auburn have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Auburn has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.69%.