Senior Living in Auburn, Indiana
Top zip codes in Auburn, IN: 46706
- Auburn scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Auburn scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Dekalb Memorial Hospital Inc and Orthopaedic Hospital At Parkview North Llc).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Wesley Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Five Star Quality Care, and Betz Senior Villas .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 49 golf courses in or around the city, including Bridgewater West Golf Club, Deer Track Golf Course, and Bridgewater East Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Izaak Walton League and Hurshtown Reservoir).
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including Lakewood Park Baptist Church, Immaculate Conception Church, and Auburn Church of Christ.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,454, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,573, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,634, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.17%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Auburn receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Auburn has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Auburn has a sparse population density of 215.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auburn have a very short daily commute time.
- Auburn has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.16%.