Senior Living in Auburn, Kansas
Top zip codes in Auburn, KS: 66402
- Auburn scores significantly higher than the Kansas average of 73.
- Auburn scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Va Eastern Kansas Health Care, Stormont-vail Healthcare, and Kansas Neurological Institute.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Homestead of Auburn, Valley Springs Senior and Family, and Aldersgate Village.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 103 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Prairie View Country Club, Berkshire Country Club, and Topeka Public Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Walker Gamebirds & Hunting Preserve, Cypress Ridge Golf Course, and Topeka / Capital City KOA.
- There are 138 churches in or near the city, including Auburn Presbyterian Church, Auburn United Methodist Church, and Topeka Baptist Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.81% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,085, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,669, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,934, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,065 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $24,440 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.67%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Auburn receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Auburn has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Auburn has a very sparse population density of 68.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auburn have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Auburn has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.39%.