Senior Living in Auburn, Maine
Top zip codes in Auburn, ME: 04210
- Auburn scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- Auburn scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Central Maine Medical Center and St Marys Regional Medical Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Clover Health Care, Odd Fellows and Rebekahs\' Home of Maine, and Pinecrest Apartments.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Fox Ridge Golf Club, Martindale Country Club, and Prospect Hill Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Range Ponds State Park, Poland Spring Campground, and Beaver Park.
- There are 63 churches in or near the city, including St Philip\'s Catholic Church, Christian Science Reading Room, and Court Street Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 37 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.81% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,622, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,979, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,279, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,375 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,080 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.39%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Auburn receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Auburn has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Auburn has a sparse population density of 388.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auburn have a short daily commute time.
- Auburn has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.37%.