Senior Living in Auburn, Michigan
Top zip codes in Auburn, MI: 48611
- Auburn scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Auburn scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Bay Special Care).
- There are 59 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Midmichigan Stratford Village, Storypoint of Midland, and Independence Village and Storypoint of Midland.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 91 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Sandy Ridge Golf Course, Spring Valley Golf Course, and Bay City Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Central Park, Dow Gardens, and Dahlia Hill.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including Grace Lutheran Church, St Joseph Church, and Zion Lutheran Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 21 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.46% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.63% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,341, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,488, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,549, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,900 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,900 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,650 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.30%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Auburn receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Auburn has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Auburn has a sparse population density of 170.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auburn have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Auburn has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.01%.