Senior Living in Auburndale, Florida
Top zip codes in Auburndale, FL: 33823
- Auburndale scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Auburndale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Winter Haven Hospital and Lakeland Regional Medical Center).
- There are 61 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Orchard Park Health and Rehabilitation, Spring Haven Retirement, and Lake Alfred Assisted Living & Retirement.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 184 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Hamptons Golf Club, The, Cypress Greens Golf & Tennis Community, and Schalamar Creek Golf & Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Lake Myrtle Sports Park, The Circle B Bar Reserve, and Lake Parker Park.
- There are 140 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Eastside Baptist Church, and Berea Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 148 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $53,976, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,953, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,193, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,600 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,995 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.24%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Auburndale receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Auburndale has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Auburndale has an average population density of 928.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auburndale have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Auburndale has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 78.25%.