Senior Living in Auburndale, Wisconsin
Top zip codes in Auburndale, WI: 54412
- Auburndale scores higher than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- Auburndale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Josephs Hsptl and Norwood Health Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Deerview Meadows Marshfield, Golden LivingCenter - Three Oaks, and Norwood Health Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Marshfield Country Club, River Edge Golf Course, and Homestead Supper & Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (George W. Mead Wildlife Area and Braem Park).
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Zion Lutheran Church, and Ebenezer United Church-Christ.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.88%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Wisconsin has an average state income tax of 4.35%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,739, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,518, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,641, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.85%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Auburndale receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Auburndale has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Auburndale has a very sparse population density of 30.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Auburndale have a short daily commute time.
- Auburndale has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.67%.