Senior Living in Audubon, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Audubon, NJ: 08106
- Audubon scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Audubon scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 48 hospitals within close range of the city, including Virtua West Jersey Hosp-camden, Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center, and Cooper University Hospital.
- There are 202 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brandywine Senior Living at Haddonfield, Collingswood Manor, and Cooper River West.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1767 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 159 golf courses in or around the city, including Tavistock Country Club, Merchantville Country Club, and Pennsauken Country Club.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Saddler\'s Woods, Cooper River Park, and Harleigh Cemetery.
- There are 689 churches in or near the city, including Audubon United Methodist Chrch, Holy Maternity, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1098 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 40 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 459 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,103, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,250, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,187, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.08%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Audubon receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Audubon has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Audubon has a dense population density of 6,009.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Audubon have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Audubon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.63%.