Senior Living in Augusta, Kansas
Top zip codes in Augusta, KS: 67010
- Augusta scores lower than the Kansas average of 73.
- Augusta scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Augusta Medical Complex and Kansas Medical Center Llc).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Homestead of Augusta, Cotton wood Point, and Lakepoint Augusta.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Augusta Country Club, Terradyne Hotel & Country Club, and Flint Hills National Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Santa Fe Lake, Butler County State Park, and Andover Central Park.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including First Southern Baptist Church, Prairie Hills Southern Baptist, and First Baptist Church-Augusta.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.68% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,767, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,586, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,668, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $70,810 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,000 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,756 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.98%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Augusta receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Augusta has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Augusta has a sparse population density of 132.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Augusta have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Augusta has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.65%.