Senior Living in Augusta, Maine
Top zip codes in Augusta, ME: 04330
- Augusta scores lower than the Maine average of 68.
- Augusta scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Togus Va Medical Center, Maine General Medical Center, and Augusta Mental Hlth Institute.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Mark\'s Home For Women, Augusta Center for Health and Rehabilitation, and MaineGeneral Rehab and Long Term Care - Glenridge.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 95 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Western View Golf Club, Kennebec Heights Country Club, and Augusta Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Calumet Playground, City of Gardiner, and Boys & Girls Club of America.
- There are 95 churches in or near the city, including First Church of Nazarene, Church of Christ, and Prince of Peace Lutheran.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.99% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.50%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maine has an average state income tax of 5.08%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,978, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,634, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,086, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,410 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,573 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,730 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,107 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.51%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Augusta receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Augusta has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Augusta has a sparse population density of 222.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Augusta have a short daily commute time.
- Augusta has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.68%.