Senior Living in Aurora, Colorado
- Aurora scores higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Aurora scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 15 hospitals within close range of the city, including Spalding Rehabilitation Hosp, Medical Center Of Aurora, The, and Childrens Hospital Association The.
- There are 208 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Smith Agency, Garden Plaza of Aurora, and Life Care Center of Aurora.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 823 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 83 golf courses in or around the city, including Centre Hills Golf Course, Springhill Golf Course, and Aurora Hills Golf Course.
- There are 39 parks near the city center, including Great Plains Park, Aurora Sports Park, and Highline Park & Ballfields.
- There are 321 churches in or near the city, including Fountain of Life, Aurora Alliance Church, and Calvary Chapel Aurora.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 370 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 36 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 190 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.05% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $71,150, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,124, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,458, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,295 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.35%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aurora receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Aurora has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Aurora has a dense population density of 3,385.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aurora have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Aurora has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.49%.