Senior Living in Aurora, Iowa
Top zip codes in Aurora, IA: 50607
- Aurora scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Aurora scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Hospital Of Franciscan Sisters-oelwein, Buchanan County Health Center, and Mental Health Institute.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Grandview Healthcare Center, Oelwein Health Care Center, and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare - Mercy Hospital.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Buffalo Creek Golf Club, Lakeview Golf Course, and Hickory Grove Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Bryantsburg Prairie, Fontana County Park, and Backbone State Park.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Aurora Methodist Church, Union Church of Stanley, and Arlington United Methodist Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,529, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,417, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,135, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.41%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aurora receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Aurora has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Aurora has a very sparse population density of 10.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aurora have a very long daily commute time.
- Aurora has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.67%.