Senior Living in Aurora, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Aurora, NE: 68818
- Aurora scores higher than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Aurora scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Memorial Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including East Park Villa, Crossroads Court Office, and Memorial Community Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Aurora Country Club, Grand Island Municipal Golf Course, and Fonner View Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Aurora Parks & Recreation Superintendent, Nature Conservancy, and Coles Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Assembly of God Church, Assembly of God Church, and Aurora Evangelical Free Chr.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,906, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,339, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,803, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,847 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,970 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.64%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aurora receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Aurora has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Aurora has a very sparse population density of 30.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aurora have a very short daily commute time.
- Aurora has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.18%.