Senior Living in Aurora, Ohio
Top zip codes in Aurora, OH: 44202
- Aurora scores higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Aurora scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bhc Windsor Hospital, Northcoast Behavioral Health, and Uhhs Bedford Medical Center.
- There are 80 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Independence Village of Aurora, Aurora Manor Special Care Centre, and The Campus of Anna Maria .
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 180 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 149 golf courses in or around the city, including Aurora Golf & Country Club, Barrington Golf Club, and Walden Golf & Tennis Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Aurora Sunny Lake Park, Tinkers Creek State Park, and Liberty Park.
- There are 81 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Church in Aurora, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 84 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 92 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $101,988, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $78,456, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,075, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,535 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,910 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.03%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aurora receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Aurora has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Aurora has an average population density of 645.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aurora have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Aurora has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.75%.