Senior Living in Aurora, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Aurora, SD: 57002
- Aurora scores significantly higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Aurora scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Brookings Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Neighborhoods at Brookview, Stoneybrook Suites, and United Living Community.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 10 golf courses in or around the city, including Edgebrook Golf Course, Brookings Country Club, and Six Mile Creek Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Larson Park, McCrory Gardens Education & Visitor Center, and Moriarty Park.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, United Parish of Elkton, and Catholic Church Pius Xii Newman Center.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.06% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,966, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,208, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,187, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,276 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.91%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aurora receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Aurora has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Aurora has a very sparse population density of 14.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aurora have a very short daily commute time.
- Aurora has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.25%.