Senior Living in Aurora, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Aurora, WV: 26705
- Aurora scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Aurora scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Garrett County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hopemont Hospital, Oakland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Garrett Regional Medical Center Subacute Care.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Alpine Lake Resort, Alpine Lake Resort, and Oakland Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Cathedral State Park, Fairfax Stone State Park, and Herrington Manor State Park.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Brookside Church of Brethren, Assembly of God, and Lakeside Assembly of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.39% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,420, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,000, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,982, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,736 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,040 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.86%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Aurora receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Aurora has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Aurora has a very sparse population density of 19.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Aurora have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Aurora has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.30%.