Senior Living in Austell, Georgia
- Austell scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Austell scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wellstar Cobb Hospital, Emory Parkway Medical Center, and Emory-adventist Hospital.
- There are 132 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Golden Jubilee House, Caring 4 You PCH, and Latulippe Personal Care Home Services.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 520 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Dogwood Golf & Country Club, City Club Marietta, and Fox Creek Golf Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Legion Park, Tramore Park, and Sweetwater Creek State Park.
- There are 275 churches in or near the city, including Davis Chapel Baptist Church, Friendship Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church-Austell.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 270 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 32 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.03% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,320, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,462, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,312, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.89%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Austell receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Austell has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Austell has a dense population density of 1,788.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Austell have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Austell has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.12%.