Senior Living in Austin, Arkansas
Top zip codes in Austin, AR: 72007
- Austin scores higher than the Arkansas average of 69.
- Austin scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (North Metro Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Spring Creek Health and Rehab, Graham\'s Foster Home For The Elderly, and Cabot Health and Rehab.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Cypress Creek Course at Cypress Creek Golf Club, Foxwood Country Club, and Deer Run Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Cabot Parks & Recreation Department, Campground Church, and Cabot City Park.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Briarwood Baptist Church, and Mt Carmel Baptist Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.15% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.25%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arkansas has an average state income tax of 4.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,152, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,156, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,538, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,960 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,635 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,726 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.70%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Austin receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Austin has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Austin has a sparse population density of 153.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Austin have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Austin has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.89%.