Senior Living in Austin, Colorado
Top zip codes in Austin, CO: 81410
- Austin scores significantly higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Austin scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Delta County Memorial Hospital and Delta County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Horizons Health Care and Retirement Community, Comfort Home, and Willow Tree Care Center .
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (43% of residents).
- There are 5 golf courses in or around the city, including Devil\'s Thumb Golf Club, Cottonwood Golf Course, and Deer Creek Village Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Valley Sunset RV Ranch LLC, Devil\'s Thumb Golf Course, and Cleland Park.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Austin Baptist Church, All Saints Lutheran Church, and Lutheran Church of Redeemer.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,265, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,898, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,427, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,960 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $83,768 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,722 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.38%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Austin receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Austin has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and warm summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Austin has a very sparse population density of 72.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Austin have a very long daily commute time.
- Austin has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.58%.