Senior Living in Austin, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Austin, MN: 55912
- Austin scores lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Austin scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Austin Medical Center).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Our House Memory Care, Our House - Austin Senior Apartments, and Our House Austin Memory Care - 14th Street.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadow Greens Golf Course, Ramsey Golf Club, and Austin Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Bandshell Community Park, Jay C Hormel Nature Center, and Oakwoods Trails Campground.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Cornerstone Assembly of God, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Alcorn Wallace Rev.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,621, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,368, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,638, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,440 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,031 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,368 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,056 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.33%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Austin receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Austin has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Austin has a sparse population density of 151.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Austin have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Austin has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.82%.