Senior Living in Austin, Texas
- Austin scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Austin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Seton Medical Center Austin, St David\'s Pavilion, and St Davids Hospital.
- There are 108 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Arbour at Westminster Health Center, Southern Hospitality Home, and Generation America.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 724 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Lions Municipal Golf Course, Hancock Park Golf Course, and Austin Country Club.
- There are 48 parks near the city center, including Bailey Park, Seider Springs Greenbelt, and Pease District Park.
- There are 347 churches in or near the city, including Unitarian Universalist, Westminster Presbyterian Chr, and St Luke Infant Care Ctr.
- There are 26 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 322 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 34 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 198 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.85% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.00% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,091, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,939, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,442, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,284 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $84,133 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,489 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.85%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Austin receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Austin has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Austin has a dense population density of 2,801.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Austin have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Austin has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 86.39%.